HORTILUX DE HPS
No other Double Ended HPS lamp on the market has gone through the rigorous design and life testing standards like the EYE HORTILUX DE. Thousands of hours of testing this lamp ensures you are receiving a quality and reliable lamp which will operate with consistent performance on any electronic ballasts. EYE HORTILUX DE lamps are the only DE lamps designed and manufactured in the USA.
Double Ended (DE) HPS grow lamps are typically used by commercial growers with large spaces and high ceilings. DE HPS grow lights produce higher intensities of light due to the design, construction and internal pressures of the arc tube (light generating source). The physical design and shape of the DE grow bulb provides a consistent positioning of the light source allowing reflector manufacturers to optimize the focus and footprint of light over the plant canopy.
Built with the same quality construction as all other EYE HORTILUX DE grow lamps
Unique coiled support frame allows for expansion and contraction of the arc tube during operation
The TWIN COIL SUSPENSION (TCS) stabilizes the arc tube during operation (above). As the arc tube heats up it expands and as it cools down it contracts. The coil support frame allows for this expansion and contraction. All DE reflectors are designed to efficiently reflect the light produced by the lamp based on the arc tube being positioned in the center of the reflector. If the arc tube changes position inside the lamp, it will change the optics and efficiency of the reflector.
Patented* lead wires provide a sturdy lamp for safer connection within the DE socket
Spot welding (1) keeps the braided wire from fraying or coming apart. The butt welding (2) seamlessly connects the braided wire to the lead wire, allowing for a safer, more reliable connection inside the DE socket.
(*US Patent #9892905)
- Produces higher yields than Single Ended HPS lamps.
- Reduces lamp replacement costs.
- Maintains results after multiple growth cycles.
- Better spectral balance for increased plant response and accelerated growth.
- Outperforms competitive DE lamps in plant quality and yield.
- The ONLY DE Lamp Made in the USA
- Exclusive EYE HORTILUX spectrum.
- Compatible with e-Ballasts that operate at or above 100 kHz.
- Unique TWIN COIL SUSPENSION™ (TCS™) support frame allows for expansion and contraction of the arc tube during operation*.
- Patented lead wire design provides safer, more reliable connection within DE sockets.
- Provides 1950 μmol when operated at 1000w.
- Provides 2100 μmol when operated at 1150w.
- Completely lead-free.
- Meets Federal EPA standards as non-hazardous waste.
- Operated and tested before packaging.
- Glove included with lamp for safe handling.
- Full One Year Warranty.
|Fixture Requirement||Open Rated|
|Ballast Requirement||Electronic – operating frequency at or above 100 kHz|
|Warm-Up Time||5 Minutes|
|Hot Re-Strike Time||15 Minutes|
|Suggested height above canopy
(varies with room space, ventilation and reflector size, form and shape.)
- Follow installation instructions printed inside the packaging.
- For best performance, power EYE HORTILUX HPS DE with EYE HORTILUX electronic ballasts.
- MUST power EYE HORTILUX DE HPS with electronic ballasts operating at or above 100 kHz. Premature lamp failure can result.
- Lamp operates in a horizontal burning position.
- Must start 1000W DE lamp at 1000 watt setting.
- Do NOT air cool the lamp. Reduced light output will occur.
- Overdriving the lamp can cause a rapid drop in intensity over time and/or premature lamp failure.
|Optimal Growth||8-9 Months|
|Average Growth||9-10 Months|
|Maintenance Growth||10-12 Months|